Credit Card Safety and Secure Shopping Guarantee
Providing you with a secure online experience is a high priority of our company. We recognize that your privacy and security are of the utmost importance, and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that your personal information is safeguarded. Your transactions are not only supported by industry-standard data encryption, but also protected by our company's Secure Shopping Guarantee.
Please take a moment to read about the steps that we have taken to help protect your information and make your online transmissions safer. We also invite you to review the steps you can take to help protect yourself further.
Secure Shopping Guarantee
With our web site, you never have to worry about your credit card safety. If unauthorized charges are made to your credit card as a result of shopping with us, you will not be held accountable. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, federal law limits your responsibility for unauthorized charges up to $50.00. This means that your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges.
If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50.00, we will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full $50.00.
We will cover this liability only if the unauthorized use of your credit card for purchases made at our web site resulted through no fault of your own.
Reporting Unauthorized Charges
In the highly unlikely event that you discover unauthorized charges on your credit card within 60 days of your purchase on our web site, here's what to do:
1. Promptly contact your credit card company and report the unauthorized charges. You should ask to speak to a representative of the company's fraud department. They can inform you of the company's fraud claim process and determine whether or not to charge you a personal liability fee.
2. If your credit card company: (a) determines that the charges were fraudulent charges resulting from your online purchase with us, and (b) holds you liable for any of the unauthorized charges, contact us immediately. For your convenience, you can contact us by e-mail or by postal mail. In order to help you, we will need the following information:
1. Your name
2. Daytime phone number
3. Billing address
4. A copy of the credit card statement in question (please circle fraud charges)
5. Proof of your credit card company's fraud determination and liability fee
6. A description of the incident
Send e-mail to email@example.com or mail your letter to:
Safeguard Self Defense, LLC - Pepper Spray Store
PO Box 43022
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
3. We'll protect you. For security purposes, our fraud department will confirm your claim. If the fraudulent charges resulted through no fault of your own, we will then credit your credit card up to a maximum of $50 and send you a letter that confirms our reimbursement.
We help protect you against fraud
To help protect your credit card number and personal information, we encrypt every order. Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble your credit card number and personal information in transit to our company.
Our company store website is registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm our store's identity before any transmission is sent. With this technology, the identity of our site is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any customer information requested to complete an online order your data reaches your intended target or your browser notifies you (prior to your sending any personal information) that the potential receiving site looks suspicious and should be avoided.
If concerned only about the privacy of your credit card information, we encourage you to submit your order electronically by fax or email without a credit card number and a sales representative will contact you to obtain this information. If you are still uncomfortable with submitting your personal information via the Internet for any reason, please feel free to contact us over the phone at (800) 595-6930 to complete your order.
With these security measures in place, you can also feel confident that every credit card transaction you make at our company is protected by the Secure Shopping Guarantee. For more details, take a look at this guarantee above.
We hope that once you understand the measures we employ and the steps you can take to protect yourself, you'll be as confident about the security of your transactions and personal information as we are. The end result? When you buy online with our company, you can buy with a measure of confidence.