More on Kentucky Pepper Spray Regulations
Video Explanation of KY State Laws
Kentucky Pepper Spray Law Explanation
What the Official Kentucky State Law Says
The only reference to defining a “weapon” we could find was here:
527.010 Definitions for chapter.
The following definitions apply in this chapter unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Booby trap device" shall have the same meaning as set forth in KRS 237.030.
(2) "Deface" means to remove, deface, cover, alter, or destroy the manufacturer's serial number or any other distinguishing number or identification mark.
(3) "Destructive device" shall have the same meaning as set forth in KRS 237.030.
(4) "Firearm" means any weapon which will expel a projectile by the action of an explosive.
(5) "Handgun" means any pistol or revolver originally designed to be fired by the use of a single hand, or any other firearm originally designed to be fired by the use of a single hand.
(Pepper spray was not mentioned.)
Full list of laws concerning weapons: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/chapter.aspx?id=39394Last Updated: July 2017