Safety Tips While Traveling
- Don't stand alone waiting for public transport. Stand with other passengers while waiting to board public transportation.
- Stand only in well lighted areas or by an occupied building while waiting for buses or streetcars.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. If you notice a suspicious person or unusual activity, notify the driver.
- Sit as near to the front as possible when choosing a seat.
- Notify driver of bad behavior. If you feel uncomfortable about another passenger or if there is an unpleasant exchange, notify the driver and move to the front of the vehicle.
- Be aware of others following you. When exiting public transportation, pay attention to others around you. If someone follows you, seek assistance at the nearest occupied building.
- Exit from public transportation only in well lighted areas and use well traveled brightly lit streets on your journey.